Walt Disney is back with Maleficent 2 and the official trailer is out!
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil is sequel to the 2014, Sleeping Beauty. Just like the former, Angelina Jolie is pictured as a misunderstood sorceress, but this time she’s placed at the centre of a battle between magical creatures and humans. Here, she’s meant to protect human beings from being attacked by the magical creatures.
Based on the trailer released, we can learn five things about Angelina Jolie in the movie. Things that are weird in my opinion.
- Maleficent & Aurora are now allies – Will this acquaintance last? In the previous movie, Aurora and Maleficent became friends and the latter seems to be showing maternal care for the former. But here, we see them teaming up to fight. Do you think this friendship will last? I guess we need to see the movie then, but i really hope the friendship lasts though.
- Prince Philip proposed to Aurora – Will she accept the proposal? In the last part, they seemed okay with their love, but now it seems they are engaged! This will most likely cause a problem between Aurora and Maleficent. We can all remember in the animated series that Prince Philip is the one to kill the Mistress of evil.
- The iconic Michelle Pfeiffer is the Evil Queen – She stars in the movie as Queen Ingrith and she’s challenged by Maleficent in the trailer. Maleficent doesn’t like the way the queen treats and regards the moors and magical creatures. We can’t wait to see these women face off!
- It’s all war over there! – In the trailer, we see the unleashing of powers from Maleficent on Ingrith’s subjects. We can’t to enjoy this proper war, to be honest. The face off between the two powerful women is something to look forward to.
- Maleficent is still evil as always, innit? – Is she evil or a heroine? We ain’t even sure anymore. In the first part, she’s misunderstood, but this trailer reveals more dark side of her. Is she going to embrace this side fully or will she be misunderstood like the first part again? These are questions that can only be answered by October 18, 2019.
Watch the trailer below and tell us what you think, spot on or other observations, let’s know in the comments.